Reception Closure Resources
During the time that the school is closed we will be using this page to offer ideas for home learning and other ways of keeping in touch with school staff.
- Practise writing names. If your child can write their first name, get them to have a go at writing their surname.
- Practise phase 2 and 3 tricky words. Recognition then once your child can recognise them, write them. They can be found at the front of their reading records.
- Practise letter formation (see the picture below).
- Read your reading books or any other books you have
- Practise writing numbers 0-20.
- Practise number formations.
- Counting everyday objects (footsteps, stairs, toys as you tidy, sweets etc).
- Phonics play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ChildrensMenu.htm
We really love playing Buried Treasure.
Linking to our Topic.
A great way to explore Maths games. Make sure you’re in EYFS.
A fun way to learn your numbers
A great way to practise blending.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga This yoga program teaches yoga through storytelling.
We would love to see some photos and videos of your learning at home. Upload on Tapestry.
Teach your grown-ups some songs we sing in Reception.